Sites received will be included in the first consultation on the new Local Plan in early 2017. Sites should be submitted to the Council by Friday October 28th 2016 either by completing the online e-form or downloading site submission forms or alternatively by contacting the planning policy team. Details can be found on Suffolk Coastal district Council’s webpages. Please see attached poster for further information – call-for-sites-poster
Kelsale and Carlton were formerly separate parishes that became united civilly on 25 March 1885 under the Divided Parishes Act.
The Parishes lie about one mile north of Saxmundham and straddle the old A12 trunk road, with part extending west of the Saxmundham By-Pass that is the new A12. Kelsale-cum-Carlton is roughly mid-way between Ipswich and Lowestoft and about 100 miles from London.
Kelsale-cum-Carlton is a large Parish, largely agricultural land. Within the village nearly a thousand folk live, many of whom work in nearby towns or further away in Ipswich or Lowestoft.
We are still fortunate enough in the village to have a Post Office that opens one morning a week. Please make use of the weekly post office as often as you can… We have our own Public House, The Poachers Pocket and a Village Hall which is the main focus for village activities, hosting all sorts of clubs for the young and old. including the Social Club. The recreation ground provides some great facilities for the younger members of the community. Why not come along and have a game of boules on the recently installed Petanque pitch.